Excitement and anticipation is building for the grand opening of Acupuncture Works, owned and operated by Andrea Schilling LAc, MAOM, L.M.T.
Andrea’s extensive background in holistic health was a journey that began in 1996 as a New York State Licensed Massage Therapist. During that time, she also earned her certification in Thai Massage therapy from the Nayada Institute and became specialized in myofascial release, deep-tissue and trigger point therapy over her 14 year career as an LMT.
Andrea’s burning desire to increase her skills combined with a love for Eastern Medicine was a natural evolution into the next chapter of education and her pursuit in the science of Acupuncture.
This new path began by earning her undergraduate at Daemen College and then moving onto the Finger Lakes School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine of NY Chiropractic College. During this period, she had the honor and privilege to have been granted time to study in China, the birthplace of Eastern Medicine and Acupuncture.
Andrea Schilling eventually earned her degree in July of 2011 as a Licensed Acupuncturist of Oriental medicine practitioner, moving immediately into active practice in the field. Since then, she has had additional training at Bastyr University specializing in Facial Rejuvenation a.k.a Acu Facial.
Andrea’s plan is to use her vast knowledge, experience and unprecedented reputation to fulfill her life long dream of helping patients achieve a successful and delightful healing process. Her devotion to excellence in patient care, patient experience and patient satisfaction through holistic medicine has become her sole focus and mission at Acupuncture Works.
Please contact her for questions, initial consultations and appointments.
- Master of Science in Acupuncture: Graduation date April 15, 2011
- Masters in Science and Oriental Medicine: Graduation Date July 30, 2011
- Finger Lakes School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY
Health Care Studies
- Daemen College, Buffalo, NY
- New York Institute of Massage: Graduation date May 1996
General Studies Summer 2008
- Erie Community College, Williamsville, NY
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Clinical Internship 2008-2011
- Depew, NY; Seneca Falls, NY; Rochester, NY Student Health Centers, Finger Lakes
- School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at New York Chiropractic College.
- Practiced acupuncture and oriental medicine in multidisciplinary facilities for a total of 780 clinical hours
- Assessed and treated a wide range of patients using Traditional Chinese Medicine through acupuncture, oriental herbal medicine, Oriental Bodywork, Moxibustion, Cupping Therapy.
- Interacted professionally with patients and family members to encourage sound health care practices
- Veterans Administration Hospital Rotation, Canandaigua, NY 2008-2011
- Provided acupuncture and Oriental Bodywork to chronically ill patients with a variety of end-stage neurological diseases.
- Studied Abroad: Zhenjiang Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital# 2 in Hangzhou, People’s Republic of China in April- May 2010.
- Observed and studied acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in hospital setting.
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Acupuncturist: #25004571
- Licensed by the University of the State of New York, Education Department
- NCCAOM board certified in Acupuncture. Certification number 25004571
- Clean Needle Technique: completed in 2009
- Certified by Council of Colleges
- CPR and Emergency Cardiac Care Provider: completed in 2009.
- Certified by American Heart Association
- Advanced Constitutional Facial Rejuvenation with Elizabeth Wakefield: 2010
- Certified by Elizabeth Wakefield
- Licensed Massage Therapist #008828
- Licensed by New York State
- Certified Thai Massage Therapist: 2004
- Certified by the Nayada Institute
- National Certification Commission on Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- American Association of Medicine
- Acupuncture Society of New York
- Licensed Massage Therapist 2002- Present
- Excuria Salon and Spa, Williamsville, NY
Website designed and powered by Fuel The Web