What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a Chinese medicine system that has been used for over 2000 years. It is a proven benefit to many ailments of an acute and chronic nature, including pain management and strengthening the immune system.
Acupuncture is a method of encouraging the body to promote holistic healing and to improve functioning. This is done by inserting extremely thin stainless steel needles at very precise acupuncture points. This helps to relieve pain and cure a variety of physical ailments.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
There are channels of energy that run in regular patterns throughout the body and over its surface. These energy channels are called meridians. To picture it, image rivers flowing through your body to irrigate and nourish the tissues. Any blockage in the movement of these rivers causes a back up in others.
The energy channels can be unblocked by needling the acupuncture points in order to continue a normal flow, resulting in a rebalancing of internal organs. More specifically, acupuncture treatments can help correct imbalances in digestion and absorption.
Acupuncture points stimulate the nervous system to release chemicals in the muscles, spinal cord, and brain, which trigger the release of chemicals and hormones which influence the body’s own internal regulating system.
Acupuncture stimulates the body’s natural healing abilities and promotes physical and emotional well-being.
How Does Acupuncture Help?
While acupuncture is associated with pain management, it has much broader applications. Acupuncture has been found to help with:
- Digestive disorders: gastritis and hyperacidity, spastic colon, constipation, diarrhea.
- Respiratory disorders: sinusitis, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma, recurrent chest infections.
- Neurological and muscular disorders: headaches, facial tics, neck pain, rib neuritis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, various forms of tendinitis, low back pain, sciatica, osteoarthritis.
- Migraine treatment.
- Urinary, menstrual, and reproductive problems.
- Tension, stress, and emotional issues.
Contact Us Today
We are here to help you feel wonderful inside and out. Contact Andrea Shilling at (716) 983-9842 today.